Responsibilities may include:
- Assist in the execution of Committee programs and events by providing both administrative and logistical support to the Operations Manager both in the lead up to an event and on the day-of an event.
- Support the Committee's membership recruitment strategy by researching high-level leaders in the fields of international finance, trade, and development and by assisting with the membership invitation of prospective candidates through a yearly mailing.
- Support the Committee’s yearly fundraising cycle by reviewing materials and documents and by assisting with the compilation and mailing of fundraising materials.
- Support the Committee’s communications by researching current member information and by periodically engaging with members via e-mail and telephone in order to update contact information as deemed necessary by the Operations Manager.
- Support the Committee’s operational infrastructure by assisting the Operations Manager carry out projects that increase operational efficiency and level of organization in regards to the Committee’s website, CRM database, and photo and video storage, and others as assigned.
- Support the daily administrative tasks of the office including data entry, mailings, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will be a college senior, recent graduate, or graduate student (graduate students preffered) in a field related to international business, business administration/management, non-profit management, business development, finance, economics, international development/affairs, political science, or a related fields who has:
- A healthy awareness of companies, government actors, international financial institutions, and other organizations involved in global finance, trade and development activities.
- Previous office experience.
- A strong attention to detail and ability to stay organized.
- A self-driven nature and demonstrated ability to multi-task with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated excellence in oral and written communication skills in English.
- Excellent knowledge of MS-Office. Knowledge of social media, Drupal, and/or basic HTML helpful but not required.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should send a resume, cover letter addressed to Operations Manager, and writing sample (2 pages maximum) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: BWC Operations Intern Candidate. Please indicate your desired beginning and end dates, and your available number of hours per week in your cover letter.