Responsibilities may include:
- Research and create background materials for Committee staff and leadership on key issues and institutions in international trade, finance, and development.
- Assist in the planning and execution of Committee programs including researching and developing program themes and topics; drafting background and promotional materials; creating speaker preparatory materials and invitations; and logistics support.
- Support the Committee’s congressional relations strategy including legislative tracking, relevant issue research, and congressional event logistics support.
- Support the Committee’s digital communication strategy including content creation and process development to improve the Committee’s website and social media communications.
- Support the Committee's program invitation lists by researching high-level leaders in the fields of international finance, trade, and development.
- Assist in the preparation of the Committee’s internal and external communication tools including its quarterly newsletter and other member communications.
- Other duties as assigned.
Graduate student or recent graduate in international business, finance, economics, development, political science, or related fields who has:
- Previous office experience. Previous Capitol Hill experience is strongly preferred.
- A healthy awareness of companies, government actors, and other organizations involved in global finance, trade and development activities.
- A self-driven nature and demonstrated ability to multi-task with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated excellence in oral and written communication skills in English.
- Excellent knowledge of MS-Office. Above average knowledge of social media, including Twitter, Linkedin, Drupal, and/or basic HTML helpful but not required.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should send a resume, cover letter addressed to Program Associate, and writing sample (2 pages maximum) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: BWC Program Intern Candidate. Please include your desired beginning and end dates and available number of hours per week in your cover letter.