2055 L Street NW
On the sidelines of the World Bank and IMF Spring Meetings 2019, the Center for Global Development (CGD) and the Bretton Woods Committee (BWC) will co-host this expert panel to discuss the future of the World Bank under its new president, David Malpass. What should top his agenda? What are the most important and urgent issues in the development landscape and what is the role of the World Bank in addressing these challenges? Join us to hear from this panel of global thought leaders offering recommendations for the future of the multilateral system.
- Masood Ahmed, President, Center for Global Development
- William R. Rhodes, Advisory Council, Bretton Woods Committee, President & CEO, William R. Rhodes Global Advisors, LLC
- Lawrence H. Summers, Charles W. Eliot University Professor, John F. Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University
- Sri Mulyani Indrawati, Minister of Finance, Indonesia
- Afsaneh Mashayekhi Beschloss, Founder & CEO, Rock Creek Group
- Minouche Shafik, Director, London School of Economics and Political Science
- Nicholas Stern, IG Patel Chair of Economics and Government, London School of Economics and Political Science
- Josh Zumbrun, Reporter, The Wall Street Journal
This event is part of our Bretton Woods@75 initiative - a global dialogue to honor 75 years of economic progress and to revitalize the spirit of Bretton Woods now and for the future.